Wednesday 4 February 2009

Walltastic


At a time when everyone is moaning about the Recession and the Credit Crunch it is great to be involved with a growing UK business...

I first helped kid's wall mural company Walltastic in 2008 on a consultancy basis; first thing we did was to re-brand them (handled by my brilliant designer Tom at Atom Create); their business is now taking off and they distribute in countries worldwide and are on target for PROFITABLE T/O of £1million this year...

On Monday I officially joined then as non-exec director - here I am with CEO Julian Evans at this week's Spring Fair at the NEC.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, fantastic product Walltastic.

I had some ideas for this over the years that might be of interest.

I'll email them to you Rachel.

This was i mean about innovative, exciting brands.

hani said...

Great idea, and huge scope for different styles of work and subject matter. They would look great in childrens hospitals, librarys and schools as well. So many people say that this is also a time of opportunities, here is someone who looked outside the box and came up with a fantastic product, at an affordable price, that many people want. Wishing you all great success.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great idea and as Rachel is clearly at pains to point out one than generates a profit - hurrah!

Why limit your market to younger kids though? With a different brand you could extend this to students with graphic art or photogrpahy? When I was a teenager I spent hours painstakingly painting band logos on my walls at home.

Good luck

C

Cranberry said...

Now – here's something that would go well with this. I came across a very clever product which is a strip – as thin as paper that illuminates under battery power. The strip can be in any width and colour and make any shape. Whack in a bit of that, plus a simple control circuit - and hello illuminated moving solar systems, roadways etc.

Being really cynical you could get companies to sponsor the illuminated signage around the sports stadium mural...

Anonymous said...

ere ere, that geeza looks a bit like me!!

dlog

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm i have to say after purchasing a walltastic mural that I wish I held onto my £29.99.