Monday 3 December 2007

Slow Train Coming

Just recently I went to speak to the sixth formers at Repton public school in Derby about my experiences as an entrepreneur.

And I just received the following lovely letter from the Headmaster:

"Dear Rachel,

Thank you so much for coming to Repton today to inspire us with such a magnificent talk! The buzz amongst the boys and the girls this evening has been terrific - you certainly got through to many hearts and minds and persuaded your audience even more effectively through your message about the importance of giving rather than simply making money.

This has really made us all think and ties in so neatly with all we are doing at Repton. Thank you too for taking such a personal interest in the aspirations of the pupils whom you were kind enough to meet afterwards in The Hall. I am sure that you will have influenced all those who spoke to you in a very positive way and, who knows, maybe sown the seeds that will create an entrepreneur of the future!

Very many thanks once again for coming to speak to us, especially at such a busy time for you both personally and professionally.

Best wishes,

Robert Holroyd"


It just occurred to me that this is the first time a Headteacher has had anything positive to say about me in my lifetime!

And it has taken me 43 years to achieve it.

Enjoy your day!


Rachel

No comments: